[Dancer-users] URI design question

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Wed May 25 12:51:17 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 25 May 2011 04:24:11 Brian E. Lozier wrote:
> Yes, you use fragments on the end of the url, like:
>
> http://myapp.com/#books
>
> You can change it all you want and it doesn't do a reload of the page.
>  Check sites like digg.com, click their "next page" button and you
> will see it in action.

IMO, that's a bit of a hack, abusing named anchors which are supposed to
simply target a specific area of a given page, not cause different content to
be loaded.

e.g. http://myapp.com/#foo and http://myapp.com/#bar should serve up the same
content, but the browser should scroll to the appropriate anchor.

Maybe I'm just being old-school (damn kids, get off my lawn)

--
David Precious  ("bigpresh")
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/

   "Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support
   it for the rest of your life". (Michael Sinz)