[Dancer-users] Apache Configuration for Directory

Ogden lists at darkstatic.com
Tue Mar 22 17:13:13 CET 2011

Thank you so much for an awesome framework as Dancer!

I am converting all my HTML::Mason apps to Dancer and wanted to mess with one. Within Dancer::Deployment, I know I can put the app in place for a whole domain but how about for just a directory, say site/beta. I have the following config:

<Directory /usr/local/apache/htdocs/domain.org/beta/>
           AllowOverride None
           Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
           Order allow,deny
           Allow from all
           AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi
           RewriteEngine On
           RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
           RewriteRule (.*) public/dispatch.fcgi/$1 [L]
</Directory>

This works for the pages I call, such as http://domain/beta/, however, for files in the public directory, such as http://domain/beta/css/style.css only work when called as http://domain/beta/public/css/style.css . In other words, public directory does not seem to be called by the app. I could do:

Alias /beta/css /usr/local/apache/htdocs/domain.org/beta/public/css
Alias /beta/images /usr/local/apache/htdocs/domain.org/beta/public/images

But this seems like a hacky work around.

Thank you very much

Ogden