[Dancer-users] defining a variable in a template that the layout can read

Brian E. Lozier brian at massassi.com
Thu Mar 10 16:52:33 CET 2011

Hello,

I actually tried this but it doesn't seem to work.  I think it's
because the Dancer layout is processed separately from the template.
I think the SET variables only work in templates that are directly
included in the template you're processing now.  I'm looking for
something that is compatible with the way Dancer handles layouts.  I
could be doing it wrong.  I tried this:

In layout.tt I have <% title %>

In home.tt I have this <% SET title = 'Home' %>

And title in layout.tt remains unset.

Thank you,
Brian