[Dancer-users] Problems mounting multiple webapps

Alex Kalderimis alex at flymine.org
Sun Jun 12 02:40:55 CEST 2011

thanks for the suggestions Brian.

I have been using Apache reverse proxy very happily for single apps, and have a plugin for handling the header munging. For single apps, reverse proxy is a great solution. We have a public facing app deployed in that manner.

What I'm trying to do here is a bit different. The aim is to run multiple instances of the same code with different properties without having to launch each one separately or tie a certain I instance to a specific port. The objective is managing them as a group, so group restarts and upgrades, and making it easy to add extra apps. Also, I'd prefer just the one starman instance in this case.

On a more fundamental level, the docs should provide accurate u formation, so at the very least the section that suggests a mechanism for multiple side-by-side apps was in need of a test and an update.
Alex.