[Dancer-users] many dancer apps with Starman (part 3)

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Fri Jul 15 16:02:01 CEST 2011

HI again,

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Pedro Melo <melo at simplicidade.org> wrote:
> Its possible to remove even the longer response times using
> server-starter *I think* but I don't use it, don't know how well it
> works.

I got curious, and its actually quite simple to use start_server.

To start your app:

start_server --port=8811 --pid-file=my_x_app.pid
--status-file=my_x_app.status -- starman bin/app.pl

You need both --pid-file and --status-file.

To restart:

start_server --pid-file=my_x_app.pid --status-file=my_x_app.status --restart

The command will wait to see if the restart was successful, by
monitoring the status file.

Bye,
--
Pedro Melo