[Dancer-users] many dancer apps with Starman (part 3)

franck franck at lumberjaph.net
Tue Jul 12 10:19:32 CEST 2011

> >> 2. It will become very cumbersome shutting off or restarting one or more
> Starman app because I would have to find out the parent process of each app,
> and kill that in order to kill all the child
> > workers; and

another solution: use something like runit[1]. You create a configuration
for each "service" (your applications) with runit. When you want to restart
this application you can ask runit to restart this service, and you don't
have to think about the process. This is the solution I use, I can post more
details if needed.

[1] http://smarden.org/runit/

--

franck cuny