[Dancer-users] the next step

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Sun Jul 3 13:20:12 CEST 2011

On Sat, 2011-07-02 at 12:45 +0200, Maurice Mengel wrote:
> Hi Dancers,
>
> Why don't we extend the example app dancr to a
> WordPress-for-Perl-Hackers?.

I'd love to see a decent Dancer-powered blogging engine.

I've considered trying to write one, but just don't have a sufficient
supply of tuits at present.

I too use Wordpress for my personal blog, just because, albeit written
in PHP, it works, well, and templates & plugins are easily available;
otherwise, I'd spend my time writing a blogging engine, and not actually
blogging.

However, I'd be happy to collaborate on a Dancer-powered blogging
engine, should others also all be up for it.  I don't know how much time
I'll have to spare for a while, though.  I'm not getting massive amounts
of time for personal coding lately, and I've a queue of plans for
Dancer::Plugin::Database and D::P::SimpleCRUD to get through - I'd do
what I could, though :)

> PS: I was thinking of a nice name that alludes to Dancer. Like Salsero.

That's quite catchy :)

> PPS: I hope you allow me to say "we".

As part of the Dancer community, you're more than welcome to ;)

Cheers

Dave P

--
David Precious  ("bigpresh")
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/

   "Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support
   it for the rest of your life". (Michael Sinz)