[Dancer-users] the next step

Maurice Mengel mauricemengel at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 12:45:07 CEST 2011

Hi Dancers,

Why don't we extend the example app dancr to a
WordPress-for-Perl-Hackers?. Last time I looked sukria.org it seemed
to be made with Wordpress. Same for other perl sites (e.g.
rakudo.org?). We could start a project to rebuild sukria.org with
Dancer.

I have the impression that most of the functionality is already
available as Dancer Plugin or one of the sites we already build with
Dancer. What we need is just a project to bring the best of it
together.

Built on dancer, modularized, leight-weight, easy to install, dancer quality.

I am probably underestimating the effort, a little as usual.

Why should we do this? Because like this we could attract a few more
perl hackers to the team. Imagine what we could do with five SawyerXs.

I think every time you did something like the advent calander it
brought us a few new people.

Since you are always 3 steps ahead of me this is probably not a new
idea. Does this project already exist? Is now the time for it?

maurice

PS: I was thinking of a nice name that alludes to Dancer. Like Salsero.

PPS: I hope you allow me to say "we".