[Dancer-users] back to "status code needs to be greater than or equal to 100"

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 15:50:02 CET 2011

Hi David,

David Precious wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 08:03 -0600, Puneet Kishor wrote:
>> Hi all, look at http://punkish.org/PDL-Functions
>>
>> I don't know what even the purpose or value of this error message is,
>> but it is so generic and useless that when I get it, I begin to fear
>> for the lost of a few hours spent debugging.
>
> I don't see any error there, but you may have fixed it since posting
> that.

Yes, I just fixed it. It was on my public facing web site, and I
couldn't afford to leave it unattended. The problem was that one of the
$template variables I was trying to assign was null. As usual, I
narrowed it down rather unscientifically by placing debug statements at
various locations and keeping reloading the page until I found the culprit.

> However, I think the annoying "status code needs to be greater than or
> equal to 100" error will be taken care of by:
>
> https://github.com/sukria/Dancer/pull/264
>
> (I was also working on this in my own branch, my fix also included
> changing "code" into "status" throughout Dancer::Error and each call to
> Dancer::Error; either way, whether we go with polettix's fix or mine,
> the end result will be the same - the end of this annoying bug!)

Well, I hope it doesn't just go away but gets replaced by something more
helpful. Obviously, it is trying to tell me something is wrong, but it
is not pin-pointing the location of the error.

> Expect to see this sorted out by the next 1.3 release, and backported to
> 1.2 too.

Look forward to it. There is a recurring talk of 1.3. Given that the
move to 1.2 took a while, is 1.3 already around the corner?

Oh, and we still have the perldancer web site stuck on 1.1x or something.

--
Puneet Kishor http://punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org