[Dancer-users] factory recommendation for web server

Adam Taylor adamjctaylor at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 23:38:41 CET 2011

Historically, in the days of mod_perl; Apache, when loaded with
mod_perl and whatever else required is pretty bloated and heavy.

Thus using a whole Apache + mod_perl to serve static content is just
overkill and hence the idea to chuck a nimble webserver in front (e.g.
nginx).

One reason for splitting frontend and backend servers, these days,
could be so you could scale your stack horizontally rather/as well as
just buying a beefier machine.

Also, it might be fun to play with shiny things :)

But, yes, it probably does make it more complicated if you don't
require it. That said, I'm not sure how well/if nginx can handle Perl
on it's own.

Sent from my iPhone