[Dancer-users] factory recommendation for web server

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 17:42:11 CET 2011

I know there are more than one ways to do it, but I have stuck with
Apache for three reasons --

- historically Apache has been the front-runner although it may not be
anymore;

- at least one of the programs I use utilizes CGI, and I am only
familiar with Apache's CGI capabilities; and

- Apache comes installed by default on my computer, my server, and on
most all shared web hosting services.

That said, I do have control of my own computer and my server (although
no control of the shared service for at least one site). What is, if
any, the recommended combination of web servers/proxy servers, etc. that
are optimal for Dancer deployment?

The deployment guide does give information on many variations, but, if
you, the master dancers, could choose any, what would you choose?

I see a lot of mention of Nginx and Starman, and am considering
experimenting with those.

I want speed, ease of installation and configuration, detailed error
(and access) logging, and extraction of maximum efficiency with Dancer.

--
Puneet Kishor http://punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org