[Dancer-users] Need Web Development?

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 18:54:54 CET 2011

On Feb 28, 2011, at 11:47 AM, Maurice Mengel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So there seems to be the opinion that this is the wrong place for
> advertising, even if Dancer related.

My personal opinion is that this list is the wrong place for advertising, even if Dancer related. That doesn't mean I am against advertising, or commercial ventures. Just that the Dancer-users list is a wrong place. And, that is my personal opinion, which doesn't really matter that much... it is not my list, after all.

> However, maybe this occasion signals that we should be some commerical
> forum where Dancer service could be advertized.

Definitely. Perhaps jobs.perl.org. Perhaps a link/page on the Perldancer.org web site itself.

> Do we want a section on the website or a separate mailing list? Or
> maybe it is enough to say somewhere that such stuff should go to the
> general http://jobs.perl.org/
>
> A bit of commerical infrastructure certainly wouldn't hurt.

Certainly not. Dancer's success will very much be indicated by both commercial and non-commercial ventures that use it. I myself might, at some point, want to sell my skills with Dancer.