[Dancer-users] Dancer::Plugin::Database 1.11_01 adds automatic UTF-8 enabling - testers wanted

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Wed Feb 23 22:27:52 CET 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-18 at 21:38 +0000, David Precious wrote:
> I've also a new developer version, 1.11_01, which contains code to
> automatically enable UTF-8 support if the application's charset setting
> is set to UTF-8 (default for newly-scaffolded apps) and the database
> engine is one for which the code knows how to enable UTF-8 support (it's
> database driver-dependent).  It should currently work for SQLite,
> Postgres and MySQL.
[...]
> Assuming all is well, I plan to release this as 1.20 some time next
> week.

All seems well, so this has now been released as 1.20.

Also fixed a minor bug in the test app which was causing a couple of
test failures on Windows systems; 1.20 should pass tests happily on
Windows too.

Cheers!

Dave P

--
David Precious  ("bigpresh")
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/

   "Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support
   it for the rest of your life". (Michael Sinz)