[Dancer-users] Template engines

franck franck at lumberjaph.net
Wed Feb 16 21:40:03 CET 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 9:22 PM, Marco Fontani <mfontani at cpan.org> wrote:

> > But after several unsuccessful attempts to use it i realized one simple
> thing:
> > Dancer idea of template engine is not compatible with Text::Xslate
> fundamentally.
>
> Not true. See below.
>
> > Unfortunately I have no good ideas on how to combine Dancer with
> Text::Xslate
> > but I feel that this should be done :)

I'm aware of this issue. Gugod also provided a fix for this, but I'm not
sure if this is the right solution. But since this seems to be a major issue
for you, I'll try to find an appropriate solution quickly.

> I use Dancer with Xslate templates for my blog:
> https://github.com/mfontani/Brocco
>
> config.yml change needed (a hack really):
>
> engines:
>  xslate:
>    cache_dir: "/tmp/wherever"
>    cache: 1
>    path:
>      - /
>
> The "path" is the important bit:
> - needs / so that the files that are given by full path can work
> - needs views/ since the main layout path is given relative to that
>
> Hope you can now enjoy Xslate and Dancer both :)

yup, this works too. That's what I do with jitterbug (
https://github.com/franckcuny/jitterbug).

> -marco-
>
> --
> Marco Fontani