[Dancer-users] Plugin for authentication/authorization?

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 11:48:17 CET 2011

Dancer::Plugin::Authorize was the first written, by Al.

It was later renamed to Dancer::Plugin::Auth::RBAC to give space to other
authorization implementations other than what Al wrote, which was kind of
him to do so.

Al stopped maintaining both modules, so Franck and I cleaned them up a bit
and released again. Dancer::Plugin::Authorize is now "deprecated" in favor
of the newer name Dancer::Plugin::Auth::RBAC and Dancer::Plugin::Auth::RBAC
was released with some cleanups, mainly done by Franck.

There are a bunch of changes I would like to see in D::P::A::RBAC, mainly
removing specific DBs for DBI or Dancer::Plugin::Database, cleaning up much
of the code, removing a lot of boilerplate and duplicity.

If you would like to:
A. take over Dancer::Plugin::Auth::RBAC
B. rewrite it from scratch using the same name
C. rewrite it from scratch using a different name
D. write something new altogether under the same name
E. write something new altogether under a different name

you're more than invited, and I'll happily grant you all the permissions
you need.

Whichever you choose, I'm sure you'll do a great job. :)
S.