[Dancer-users] Supplied view (...) was not found

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Tue Dec 27 20:03:45 CET 2011

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 18:21:58 +0000
David Precious <davidp at preshweb.co.uk> wrote:
[...]
> So, Dancer is looking for mails/ticket_new.txt.tmpl, not
> mails/ticket_new.txt - but unfortunately, that error message is not
> clear as to why.
>
> I think there are two fixes here:
>
> (a) make the error message clearer, so it's obvious what's going on;

A tweak to the error message has been pushed to devel already to
satisfy this -
https://github.com/sukria/Dancer/commit/a11a253

> (b) check for a view matching the exact name supplied first, before
> attempting to add the default template extension; I think this would
> be the most appropriate behaviour.

As this is more complicated, I've prepared a pull request with a set of
commits which I feel satisfy this in a sensible way:

https://github.com/sukria/Dancer/pull/716

I'd very much welcome feedback on the approach I've chosen there, and
would be open to other suggestions of course :)

--
David Precious ("bigpresh") <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/     www.preshweb.co.uk/twitter