[Dancer-users] No more collisions of routes with multiple Dancer(1) apps!

Alexis Sukrieh sukria at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 19:12:09 CET 2011

I think I need to clarify my views on this, and apologize as well for not expressing myslef more clearly in the first place.

First things first: patches are welcome, always.
Second: Dancer is free software, it relies on freetime of its maintainers.

Let's try not to get upset too quickly if we can ;)

Dancer 2 is going to be a major improvement, really. Many complex bugs will be fixed (like the collision one) it will run faster, be more extensible...

The only thing that I wanted to say in my previous email was that:
- most of the time spent nowdays is spent on 2
- Dancer 1 is "feature-frozen", in order to make the transition possible
- feedback and help are very much appreciated on 2
- there is a workaround in 1 for the apps collisions

This means that our priority is 2, from now on, new features wont be applied to 1, only bugfixes will be reviewed.

Eventhough, I'll take some time to review your PR, but please, dont take my first email personal, understand that behind Dancer, there are human beings, with real life issues to deal with, and that can have an impact on their freetime.

Thanks.