[Dancer-users] do something after sending response

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Thu Aug 11 19:03:00 CEST 2011

On Thursday 11 August 2011 17:54:33 Nick Knutov wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> is it possible to run some code after sending response to upstream [and
> closing socket] with Dancer?
>
> For example: I want to get request, send response and after closing
> socket to back-end do some job with big timeouts: write logs, send
> notifications via emails, etc.

Currently, no; the closest is the 'after' hook, but that runs after the route
handler execution completes, but before the response is sent.

It could potentially make sense for us to add a new hook which fires once the
request is complete - 'after_response', or 'after_response_sent' or something
vaguely like that.

However, I think implementing that may be tricky thanks to the way Plack
works.

We'll have to have more of a think about this one :)

--
David Precious  ("bigpresh")
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/

   "Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support
   it for the rest of your life". (Michael Sinz)