[Dancer-users] http put to upload large file

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Fri Aug 5 09:32:03 CEST 2011

On 05/08/11 03:42, halayudha wrote:
> hi,
>
> i have problem to upload file using HTTP PUT with large file 800MB.
> i use 'upload', which is alright for small file size. may be some one
> can enlighten me with regard to my issue?

Are you getting "out of memory" errors? At a guess, plack will be
building up a copy of the whole PUT request before passing it to dancer.
That might end up using multiples of the original file size.

Hmm - if it is a memory problem, you're not alone in struggling with it.
Here's a chap who tries various Ruby+Rails based solutions before ending
up with an apace java servlet.

http://www.jedi.be/blog/2009/04/10/java-servlets-and-large-large-file-uploads-enter-apache-fileupload/

It's possible one of the plack handlers will help with this, but a
little bit of googling didn't show me anything obvious.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd