[Dancer-users] What's wrong with Dancer add-ons on search.cpan.org?

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 08:15:10 CEST 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 9:00 AM, sukria <sukria at sukria.net> wrote:
> We - the dancer core team - really don't
> understand how it is possible to hate with such harshness an open-source
> project, but, well, anyways...

You mean you never read Slashdot or reddit comments regarding Perl?

> I think another peaceful and non agressive answer we can do - as a
> community - is to start filling ratings ourselves on as many Dancer module
> as we can (one rating per individual, we play with the rules). Honnest,
> non-angry ratings. At least for the modules where there is only one star.
>
> Creating an account is done in 2 minutes here:
> https://www.bitcard.org/register
>
> That could increase the average rating for all the affected modules, at
> least.

I think creating your own ratings will be a mistake. At least if the
core developers comment. Regular users in this list are OK.

IMHO you should just wait a few days, maybe a week and ask the
CPANRatings admin who AFAIK is Ask who uses Dancer anyway
to remove the obviously bogus reports.

Silently.

It's just like any other spam.

BTW right now cpanratings.perl.org does not even respond to me.

Gabor