[Dancer-users] setting confdir and environments problem

Ted Henry tedhenry10 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 07:44:50 CEST 2011

I've been checking out Dancer and the flexibility of reorganizing the
directory structure of an app is great; however, I'm not sure I'm
doing it right for confdir.

I have an app named Alpha-Beta. If I do

$ export DANCER_CONFDIR=/Users/ted/tmp/tmp/Alpha-Beta/etc
$ bin/app.pl

then the file /Users/ted/tmp/tmp/Alpha-Beta/etc/config.yml is found
but the file /Users/ted/tmp/tmp/Alpha-Beta/etc/environments/development.yml
is not found.

When I look in Dancer/Config.pm I see the following code

sub environment_file {
    my $env = setting('environment');
    return path(setting('appdir'), 'environments', "$env.yml");
}

Should it be the following?

sub environment_file {
    my $env = setting('environment');
    return path(setting('confdir') || setting('appdir'),
'environments', "$env.yml");
}

Thanks.

Ted