[Dancer-users] Code refactoring gotchas?

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Sat Sep 11 04:07:08 CEST 2010

Flavio Poletti <polettix at gmail.com> writes:

> Have you got thoughts and/or suggestions about using the different Dancer
> functions - var, session, splat, ... - outside of route subs and inside
> other objects?
>
> Or are you suggesting that Dancer-specific functions should be called only
> inside the route subs in the thin layer and the implementation part should
> be Dancer-agnostic?

That would generally be what I aim for, but as you found you can 'use Dancer
":syntax"' anywhere and it will just work.

[...]

> Last question... I haven't found much documentation about the Plugins and
> how they are supposed to be written/used, but I saw that others use them or
> discuss them in the mailing list. Did I miss the right document?

There isn't much more that I know of than the documentation in Dancer, but
given that plugins are basically just a wrapper around exporting functions by
name there isn't all that much more to know.

        Daniel