[Dancer-users] Dancer 1.2000, finally out

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 15:15:32 CET 2010

sawyer x wrote:
> It is with great pride that I present you *Dancer 1.2000, the first
> major stable community release*.

Congratulations once again, and tremendous thanks for a program that has
brought a smile and a hop-step back in the stride of Perl developers
everywhere.

One question (that doesn't seem to be highlighted in the docs) -- how
does one upgrade an existing application? In the past when I have
upgraded, some things have broken, but easily fixed. This time the
stakes are much higher. By now, my applications (two of them) are much
more complex. I don't want things to break, or at least, I want to know
where the breakage occurs so I can fix them easily. Another thing...
both applications were started as a scaffolded application. So, even if
I 'cpan install Dancer' under the surface, some of the default CSS/404
pages, etc. won't get upgraded. I don't see any way to upgrade them
other than creating an empty, new scaffolded app and then cherry pick
and upgrade the pages.

Suggestions?

Puneet.