[Dancer-users] dancer behind web proxy

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Tue Nov 23 00:49:30 CET 2010

On Monday 22 November 2010 23:31:21 Naveen Manivannan wrote:
> I do recall editing this script a while ago to use cpan list
> (http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/SUKRIA/?C=N;O=D) instead since CHANGES
> file is way too large. Update your version of Dancer.

Whoops - there's a big flaw with that, which should have been picked up by one
of us.

The code in question from script/dancer :

my $resp =
  send_http_request('http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/SUKRIA/?C=N;O=D');
if ($resp && $resp =~ m/Dancer-(\d\.\d+)\//) {

That's working on the naive and incorrect assumption that SUKRIA is the only
user who will ever upload Dancer releases to CPAN.

This will be why I noticed earlier that dancer -a didn't tell me that 1.2000
was now available.  Unfortunately, this means for everyone with earlier Dancer
versions, the script won't be able to tell them about the shiny new 1.2, until
Sukria next uploads a Dancer dist.

I'll raise an issue on Github so one of us can fix it.

> That being said, including a way to opt out of a version_check or
> detect a proxy would be nice.

Yeah, there's no reason that you shouldn't be able to pass a option to disable
that behaviour - --no-version-check or similar.

Cheers

Dave P

--
David Precious <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>
http://blog.preshweb.co.uk/    www.preshweb.co.uk/twitter

  "Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support
  it for the rest of your life". (Michael Sinz)