[Dancer-users] how to improve the code of PEG?

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 16:43:33 CET 2010

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 3:52 PM, P Kishor <punk.kish at gmail.com> wrote:

> Looks fine to me, but I have to ask... why bother with Dancer? As you
> said, it is a static site, so why not make it completely static? Don't
> even use Perl if you don't have to... My own application web site uses
> a static front-end, with a reverse proxy to a Dancer powered web site
> for one application inside of it. So, use the tool where needed. The
> old saw, "make it as simple as possible, but not simpler."

I started with a totally static site that I generated from some TT templates
but that way every change requires a rerun of the processor before I can
actually see the outcome. With Dancer the turn around was easier.

As we add more stuff we will have more and more thing to generate,
eg. now we already have some real code generating the events page
even though that too could be static.

Later we might add some interactive things but that's not sure yet.

Finally, and maybe most importantly, it gives me an excuse to learn
a bit about Dancer.

regards
   Gabor