[Dancer-users] Routes with captures

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Mon May 31 14:20:48 CEST 2010

Alexis Sukrieh <sukria at sukria.net> writes:

> Just a global remark about that: r('') is *not* similar to qr// : It's
> pseudo-regexps, not real ones: all slashes are automatically escaped so you
> can write:
>
>     r('/stuff/(.*+))
>
> which would be equivalent to:
>
>     qr/\/stuff\/(.*+)/

Er, isn't 'r' it literally identical to 'qr(/stuff/(.*+))' in this case?

Not that I object to the helper, but given the ability to use markers other
than '/' around any 'q' operator, including qr...

[...]

> So I would vote for applying your patch, but without replacing r('') which
> has a good reason to live, I think.

The only really good reason I can see, right now, is backward compatibility,
but I confess that I only glanced through the implementation rather than
performing an exhaustive search — so it may add a behaviour that I have so far
missed in my understanding of the tool.

        Daniel