[Dancer-users] developing many Dancer apps coexisting with Apache apps

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 08:09:35 CET 2010

[top-posting this time]

Hi,

I probably should have noted earlier, but I'm not always the fastest with
regards to responding to long emails. Long emails also take a while till
they get read in my box. Sorry.

You can use the file "/etc/hosts" (on GNU/Linux, BSD, IRIX and Unix-based
OS). On Windows, I forgot where it was but you can reach there by Start ->
Run -> "drivers" -> etc/hosts. I think it's in "system32\etc\hosts".

You can define the following lines:
app0    127.0.0.1
app1    127.0.0.1
app2    127.0.0.1

Then you could run a virtualhost and access the Dancer apps as "http://app0/",
"http://app1/" and "http://app2/", respectively.
Note: you need to be privileged to use the file so either edit it as "root"
user or use "sudo" (if you have it set up).

Again, sorry for not mentioning it earlier.

Sawyer.