[Dancer-users] Problem with PLACK

Stephane stephane at shimaore.net
Wed Jul 7 08:54:15 CEST 2010

Hello,

Did you try to do an "encode_utf8" before returning your content to Dancer (which then returns it to plackup)?

I've had issues with encodings and Dancer, and the way I understand things, you must return bytes, not characters. The default stack does not enforce this, however. LWP works similarly as far as I can tell.

The behavior you see is probably that your browser auto-detects UTF-8 when you use Dancer standalone (which doesn't verify the encoding and uses Perl's default handling of chars<->bytes conversion), while it seems that plackup verifies before sending.

Stéphane