[Dancer-users] Questions for Perl Survey

Olaf Alders olaf at wundersolutions.com
Wed Dec 29 17:49:53 CET 2010

On 2010-12-29, at 5:48 AM, sawyer x wrote:

> Dancer provides a thin layer above PSGI and abstraction for some of the work a user would have to do manually (sessions, templating, finding out what type of HTTP method it is, setting the content type, etc.). You (or rather, Dancer, if that's what you're using) provide PSGI with an app handler subroutine. For example:
>   sub app {
>       my $env = shift;
>       return [
>           '200',
>           [ 'Content-Type' => 'text/plain' ],
>           [ "Hello World" ], # or IO::Handle-like object
>

>       ];
>
>   }
> How many people would do that? Very few.

True!  However, I'd be interested in seeing how many people are writing their own Plack::Middleware components.  As it's a nice and easy way to replace a lot of work you normally might be forced to write with mod_perl handlers, I would expect that the use of custom Middleware should rise over time as well.

Olaf
--
Olaf Alders
olaf at wundersolutions.com

http://www.wundersolutions.com
http://twitter.com/wundercounter

866 503 2204 (Toll free - North America)
416 944 8306 (direct)