[Dancer-users] Dancer with latest Plack and fcgid+apache2

ambs ambs+dancer at perl-hackers.net
Fri Dec 24 16:24:37 CET 2010

Hello

With latest upgrade of Plack, my Dancer app is no longer working.

My environment:
  apache2 + fcgid, configured with:

     RewriteEngine On
     RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
     RewriteRule ^/query(.*)$ /query/dispatch.fcgi$1 [L]

This was working, but now, it doesn't.
Until now, I had in my Dancer app a rule 'get "/"', and it worked.
Now, it seems that Plack is changing the environment for Dancer, and to
make the Dancer app to work, I need to have a rule 'get "/query" that I
do not want to have (will break devel with standalone server). Also, it
is not versatile to move apps between different server configurations.

You can check the environment that is getting to Dancer here:
http://per-fide.di.uminho.pt/query

I think that "PATH_INFO" should not include '/query', but I am not sure.
Also, I think this is a plack problem, but I am not sure, and would like
your confirmation before complaining there.

Cheers
And Have a great Christmas!
ambs