[Dancer-users] dancer websockets tutorial

Naveed Massjouni naveedm9 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 13:45:10 CET 2010

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 4:48 AM, franck <franck at lumberjaph.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 10:29 AM, sawyer x <xsawyerx at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 7:54 AM, Mike Schroeder <mike at donor.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I would be very interested in seeing a good websocket tutorial!
>>
>> Agreed.
>>
>> I think it 's a great idea and I'd *love* to see it in the core docs under
>> Dancer::Tutorial::Websockets or something like that.
>>
>> Objections, anyone?
>>
>> Sawyer.
>
> Maybe it's time to think of a new distrib: Dancer::Manual, with the
> tutorials, cookbook, and this documentation ?
> anyway, excellent job naveed!

Thanks for the positive response.  I have created
Dancer::Tutorial::WebSockets and requested a pull.
http://github.com/ironcamel/Dancer/blob/master/lib/Dancer/Tutorial/WebSockets.pod

It is meant to be a simple example so people can quickly wrap their
heads around it and get started creating some cool Dancer apps with
websockets.

You guys should take a look at this article when you get a chance:
http://showmetheco.de/articles/2010/11/timtow-to-build-a-websocket-server-in-perl.html

It briefly mentions Dancer, but the author doesn't show any example
code.  I think we need to quickly step our game up and increase our
presence in the websockets area.  I hope this tutorial can be one more
step in that direction, in addition to Franck's awesome chat demo.

-Naveed