[Dancer-users] Dev and Release workflow ( was: Re: Invalid value for log config )

damien krotkine dkrotkine at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 15:23:13 CET 2010

Sorry, message was sent before completion... Following up :

On 18 December 2010 15:14, damien krotkine <dkrotkine at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18 December 2010 12:31, Alexis Sukrieh <sukria at sukria.net> wrote:
>

>> If we solve that, we also have a situtation regarding CPAN uploads: if
>> 1.3001 is uploaded on CPAN, how do I publish 1.2003 releases?

I don't think there is any CPAN issue with that : the catalyst CPAN versions
mix 5.8 and 5.7 (maint. versions) altogether.

If you have 1.3 out, and need to fix 1.2, branch on github from
master/tag-1.2 and release on CPAN 1.201 You may need to release 1.301 as
well, so that even when sorted by date, 1.301 comes first. But you can
definitely mix 1.2xx and 1.3xx on CPAN

As for the special development release on CPAN, I don't see any benefit from
using it, but maybe there is ?

>> If we want to do that, the git solution is the following layout:

*snip snap*

> I hope things are clearer now, and that you get my point of view.

It's very clear, and I fully agree and support the workflow you presents.
And if we have to hack gitflow or speed up to implement github, let's do
that :)

>> Note that I don't have a solution for CPAN uploads, but dams told me the
>> Catalyst team has a similar concern, maybe we should look at how they do.

We can definitely ask them. I'll ask t0m, he owes me some beers :)

dams