[Dancer-users] Dev and Release workflow ( was: Re: Invalid value for log config )

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 10:55:23 CET 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 4:00 PM, damien krotkine <dkrotkine at gmail.com>wrote:

> *top-posting*

OMG! :)

> 1/ About CPAN releases :
>
> [...]
>

> So I'm in favor for 1.2 and 1.3 being both stable versions. And only these
> to be released on CPAN.

Agreed! See my last reply on this subject (under the original topic).

> 2/ About github :
>
> [...]

Still seems like tricky business to me. Of course, I could be wrong. I think
that once we remove the major backlog we'll be able to clean up the pull
requests and branches nicely.

What I believe we need are reviewers. Basically nowadays I review everything
and unofficially delegate things to Alexis, Franck, David, yourself, others.
Most of these are either in inline responses to people (which isn't good
because the intended reviewer could miss it) or on IRC/mail - not a very
good way of doing it.

No one is actually an official reviewer that knows that what they do.

I think that if some people were just reviewers (even if it's just for
specific stuff they know about), it'll be easier to skim through the pull
requests and merge things better.

Also, if we'll be able to add new stuff and deprecate old behavior in the
same release series (see your number 1 above, "About CPAN releases"), it'll
be MUCH easier to integrate stuff. I'm still waiting on the forward()
feature, for example.

Sawyer.