[Dancer-users] Invalid value for log config

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 20:16:51 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 8:45 PM, Gabor Szabo <szabgab at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 8:06 PM, Alexis Sukrieh <sukria at sukria.net> wrote:
> >
> > This would allow for specific checks, and could protect users from using
> > key that would become Dancer-native in future versions.
> >
> > I like that idea, but my main concern here is backward-compat, as I
> said...
>
> You could start by adding warnings to everything that is not according to
> the
> definition and only in 3-4 months from now - if at all - turn them
> into fatal errors.

Agreed, even if not using that time-frame.

Our deprecation policy is to warn of deprecated behavior in the current
release version in which it was deprecated (1.2x, 1.3x, whatever), and die
fatally in a following major release.

This could be added in Dancer 1.3x, including the deprecation warning. Then
removed entirely in 1.4x.

1,2x was released only recently, so I'm not sure if we already want to
deprecate stuff for the big chunk of users we now added (thanks to many
marketing efforts by the entire community).

Either way, there's no reason why not to start using this structure manually
and implement the new strictures in a new branch to be merged on whichever
release in which we want it. I'll try to get on it sometime soon.

I still need to catch up on various new features - Sukria, Franck and
Damien: I'm looking at you! :)

Sawyer.