[Dancer-users] Handling errors: Best Practices for Module extensions and Plugins

Gurunandan Bhat gbhat at pobox.com
Wed Dec 15 18:46:26 CET 2010

My query was specifically for modules and plugins. For applications I
assumed that the Dancer::Error->new(...)->render would be the best thing to
do. Is my assumption right? It always made sense to me that the application
and the framework+helpers must die differently and I liked the fact that
Dancer::Error exists.

In CGI::App for example, applications register their own handler with the
core and all die()'s are trapped and forwarded with some minimal error
message to a custom handler if one exists. So while I believe that carp and
croak are best for core, I like what Dancer::Error offers while writing an
application - even in production.

Would love to be corrected on this.

Thank you.