[Dancer-users] Use of uninitialized value $values[0] in... Route.pm line 80

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 09:56:17 CET 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 12:30 AM, Puneet Kishor <punk.kish at gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I debug something like this?

You should activate the "console" logger and set the debugging flag on.

You'll notice this line to help you understand what's going on:
    Dancer::Logger::core("trying to match `$path' "
          . "against /"
          . $self->{_compiled_regexp}
          . "/");

It appears @values is being created by trying to match $path against the
compiled regex. That print will basically tell you what's wrong.

I would personally just download the latest stable, and run it locally with
"perl -IDancer-1.2003/lib bin/app.pl" (YMMV) so I could hack at the file, if
I need to.

Sawyer.