[Dancer-users] deployment and performance

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Tue Aug 24 21:36:11 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 24 August 2010 18:26:30 Maurice Mengel wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> if i cut my big xml to a16th of the original size, I have an
> acceptable speed using DancingAppl.pl for development. Is there any
> chance by improving speed enough by proper deployment to get it
> working with full xml? In Dancer::Deployment various deployment
> strategies are described, but the text doesn't say very much about
> performance. Thanks!

The choice of deployment method will affect performance in terms of the number
of requests per second handled, but will make no appreciable difference in
performance for a single long-running request.

Just how big *is* this XML, to be causing your app to be unacceptably slow?

Cheers

Dave P

--
David Precious <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>
http://blog.preshweb.co.uk/    www.preshweb.co.uk/twitter

  "Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support
  it for the rest of your life". (Michael Sinz)