[Dancer-users] websockets

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Sun Aug 22 06:44:31 CEST 2010

Naveed Massjouni <naveedm9 at gmail.com> writes:

> I think it would be awesome if Dancer supported websockets
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebSockets.
>
> Has anyone started working on this?  Lets do it.  Who's with me? :)

If I was you I would rather invest in building something like an AnyEvent
WebSockets implementation, which you could then use in conjunction with your
Dancer application through an AnyEvent based Plack application server.

That would make it possible to use almost all of the WebSockets implementation
with other Plack frameworks, and save you much of the complexity that
otherwise comes from having to wire the WebSockets code into the event loop of
every other runtime out there.

Regards,
        Daniel