[Dancer-users] working with HTTP env vars

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 16:32:54 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 9:21 AM, Olaf Alders <olaf at wundersolutions.com> wrote:

> On 2010-08-19, at 9:18 AM, P Kishor wrote:
>
>> Suggestions on how I can grab the requested uri?
>

> Have you tried request->path ?

I had not, but I just did, and that kinda worked, but not really. Let
me explain.

As I explained in my original post, I am using a proxy to access the
Dancer app. In my Apache conf file, I have the following

   ProxyPass /app/one http://one.org/
   ProxyPassReverse /app/one http://one.org/

So, when the address in the browser URL bar is
http://mywebsite/app/one, the Dancer app is actually getting
http://one.org/

In other words, when the user requests http://mywebsite/app/one,
Dancer's request->path() is simply '/' instead of '/app/one'

I am hoping to be able to use other Apache variables to grab this, but
request->env() doesn't seem to be working. Could it be that
request->env() grabs CGI env variables, and since I am using
Plack::Handler::Apache2, it is not really CGI that I am using.

Any other suggestions?

Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org