[Dancer-users] documentation github wiki

Maurice Mengel mauricemengel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 23:30:21 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I am new to dancer, don't know too much about webapps, but like
his/her or simply its (?) elegance and simplicity (from the user
perspective).

There were recently some complaints referring to quality of
documentation recently on this list. A bit exaggerated, but not
completely without reason, in my opinion.

 I noticed that there are different bits and pieces of documentation
on a number of different places: mainly cpan, github, perldancer.org.
I tried to change documentation page on github wiki to point to the
various resources instead of repeating old hats once again yesterday.

 Now another suggestion for the github wiki: I suggest to use the
github wiki to collaboratively improve the docs. It's not really
anything new. Anybody can write to this list with suggestions or file
issues on github with suggestions to improve documentation, but maybe
a wiki is a little friendlier for people like me who are no full-time
developers. I imagine that good passages could be taken over in the
pod section if developers like it.

In the worst case this effort will end before much has happened, but
no harm done.

 If there is positive feedback I would start a wiki version of the
cookbook on github wiki and try to improve that as I learn.

 What's your opinion?
 best

 Maurice