[Dancer-users] dancer bug

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 16:51:39 CEST 2010

wanted to emphasize...

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 9:38 AM, P Kishor <punk.kish at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, these apps are related. They are accessed like so:
>
> app1: http://server/app1
> app2: http://server/app1/app2
> app3: http://server/app1/app3

The above has nothing to do with Dancer per se. I achieve the above
with a little bit of magic from mod_proxy. Nevertheless, the key is,
Dancer has to work out-of-the-box with Apache CGI, and migrate
seamlessly up to persistent Apache environments such as mod_perl,
mod_psgi (again, has anyone used that?) or FastCGI.

> In that sense, app1 is kinda like a mother-app, and app2 and app3
> "inherit" from app1. The child-apps look like app1, they have the same
> menus, just one level deeper (see below for an "image"), and share the
> authentication mechanism. When I created this set of applications with
> CGI::Application, I created a master app, and then inherited
> apps[1..3] from the master app.

However, the above para does have to do with Dancer. The ability to
create a master web app, and then have other web apps inherit from
that master web app would be a very useful capability. I don't know
how much more complex it would make Dancer to be able to do so.

--
Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org