[Dancer-users] Problems loading an app

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Tue Apr 27 23:18:00 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 27 April 2010 21:56:18 sawyer x wrote:
> Sorry for the late reply, I've personally been a bit busy and I reckon so
> where a few other people on the list.

Indeed :)

> I've gone over your code. There are two issues:
>
> 1. Instead of 'load_app("test")', you should write 'use load;'. That would
> fix the first issue.

I assume you mean "use test;" to be equivalent, just in case anyone thinks
'load' is some voodoo module that should be loaded :)

Either way, the scaffolding script in the devel branch writes out the app.pl
file using load_app, so that method should work cleanly without problems -
looks like we may have something to fix here.

> 2. You accidentally used a variable "$fail" when you haven't declared it
> yet. Here is a working version:

I think that was the idea of the example, to demonstrate a simple, easy, silly
mistake which should be reported clearly by Perl, but apparently results
instead in a simple "unable to load application" message, with the true error
message swallowed :)

On Tuesday 27 April 2010 19:46:13 Juan J. Martínez wrote:
> Any comment on this? Should I file a bug report?

Yes, if you don't mind, go ahead and raise it at
http://github.com/sukria/Dancer/issues - one of us can then investigate in
detail as soon as possible.

Thanks!

--
David Precious <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>
http://blog.preshweb.co.uk/    www.preshweb.co.uk/twitter

  "Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support
  it for the rest of your life". (Michael Sinz)