[Dancer-users] problem sending mail

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 10:20:24 CEST 2010

Hi Naveed,

On Tuesday 20 April 2010 09:26:26 Naveed Massjouni wrote:
> When I try to send mail from within a route, I get:
>
> error when closing pipe to sendmail: No child processes
> Trace begun at
>  /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/Email/Sender/Transport/Sendmail.pm line 77
>
> On line 77 of Sendmail.pm it is just closing a file handle:
> close $pipe or Email::Sender::Failure->throw("error when closing pipe
> to sendmail: $!");

Hmm, I see no reason that Dancer should prevent that working.

> I was just wondering if this was a bug in Dancer or if I'm doing
> something wrong.

I can't think of a reason for that to fail when used from Dancer.

Are both scripts running on the same system, as the same user etc?

Are you able to share the scripts, so we can have a poke around in the
debugger?

Cheers

Dave P

--
David Precious <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>
http://blog.preshweb.co.uk/    www.preshweb.co.uk/twitter

  "Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support
  it for the rest of your life". (Michael Sinz)