[Dancer-users] problem sending mail

Naveed Massjouni naveedm9 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 10:26:26 CEST 2010

When I try to send mail from within a route, I get:

error when closing pipe to sendmail: No child processes
Trace begun at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/Email/Sender/Transport/Sendmail.pm
line 77

On line 77 of Sendmail.pm it is just closing a file handle:
close $pipe or Email::Sender::Failure->throw("error when closing pipe
to sendmail: $!");

The code I wrote that sends the mail is very simple and works from a
standalone script:

use Email::Sender::Simple;
use Email::Simple;

Email::Sender::Simple->send(Email::Simple->create(
    header => [
        To      => $to,
        From    => $from,
        Subject => $subject,
    ],
    body => $body,
));

I was just wondering if this was a bug in Dancer or if I'm doing
something wrong.

Thanks,
Naveed