[Dancer-users] Stand Alone applications using Dancer

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 21:58:49 UTC 2010

Hi.

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 12:49 AM, Gabor Szabo <szabgab at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to create a stand alone application with Dancer.
> Well actually I'll want to run it on a real web server as well but I also
> want
> to let people download it and run it without any setup.
> [...]
> Has anyone done this already? How could I do this in a portable way?
> (Mac/Windows/Linux for now)

This is the default usage of a Dancer script, as any Dancer script is a
webserver onto itself.

http://search.cpan.org/~xsawyerx/Dancer-1.173/lib/Dancer/Deployment.pod#Running_stand-alone

This uses HTTP::Server::Simple::PSGI. On strawberry it doesn't install
properly because of a test of HTTP::Server::Simple. However, a new version
which should work is on CPAN, as developer release:
http://search.cpan.org/~jesse/HTTP-Server-Simple-0.42_01/

It can be installed via: cpanm JESSE/HTTP-Server-Simple-0.42_01.tar.gz

Hope this helps.

Sawyer.