[Dancer-users] Deployment question

Robert Olson bob at rdolson.org
Thu Apr 1 21:15:23 UTC 2010

I'm starting to try to use Dancer in some apps at my day job; here, we
have a bunch of apps that we have hung off an nginx proxy server (some
using fcgi, some straight reverse proxy).

What distinguishes this that we don't use vhosts for all of them;
instead, we distinguish based on a toplevel directory. For instance /
foo would be delivered to one machine's fcgi , /bar to some other
machine's apache.

I'd like to be able to use this mechanism to proxy off to a Dancer
standalone server. However, to the instance locally it things stuff is
rooted at /, but to the clients it's rooted at /somethingelse.

I have tinkered with the prefix directive, which makes the actions
work ok, but breaks the stuff under public.

And if I generate urls inside the actions (like /something/postme),
they are incorrect when used in the proxied context.

(I'm not sure if this is an entirely cogent explanation; if not let me
know and I'll take another run at it  with a concrete example :-).

--bob